Salad Fiesta – Cheeseburger Salad
Make your salad a meal! This salad had me wondering at first, but it is seriously good! In my own salad, I leave out the onion, and I use ketchup and mustard in my meat.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, or lettuce of choice, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 pickles, diced
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, or any cheeseburger toppings
- Fry up your ground beef. Drain off the liquid. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to taste. Add in your usual cheeseburger topping (ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise or barbecue sauce) to the meat until quite moist. Cool if desired. Set aside.
- Place your lettuce in a medium to large bowl. Top with the prepared meat. On top of the meat place your salad toppings as desired: tomato, onion, pickles and cheese.
- Option: make croutons from a couple of hamburger buns to garnish.