Cookie Mania – the Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie
Hi! I’m Melina, homeschooling mother of 11 and Grandmelina to 2!
This has been a favourite in our house for years. Some like it with raisins, some without, some like it with spices, some without… We usually make half with raisins, half without, and no spices. Always at least a double recipe. Enjoy!
The Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil (I personally don’t like the taste of olive oil in the cookies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. allspice (optional)
- 1/2 cup nuts (optional)
Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until frothy. Beat in both sugars. Add cooking oil and vanilla. Beat. Add the dissolved baking soda. Stir well. Add the oats, flour and salt (and spices, if using). Stir well. Add in the raisins, if using. Stir well.
Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet (you can alternately use a silicone baking mat or some parchment paper). Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 8-11 minutes.
Makes 3 1/2 dozen